Sunday, June 13, 2010

Strong Tower Youth Camp!


Quote of the Day: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
My youth group is leaving for a trip on Tuesday. Where are we going? Mars Hill College in Mars Hill, NC. Yeah it's pretty exciting. It's called Strong Tower. I've gone two years in a row and find it a blast each time. Services are just amazing, and the people you meet there are wonderful. Every year in the girls dorm we have a tradition of having a shaving cream war. It gets intense. And last year we started a new tradition, mattress surfing! If you've never tried it, you are missing out. The camp is held on college campus, which is the cutest little town. Great photo opps are everywhere. So as you can see my fellow bloggers, this is a big deal for me. I was hoping to get my nails done tomorrow for the big trip, but sadly both of the rents are working and I have no license, or car. Boo. I guess it's a good thing that they both have jobs, counting the hard times and all, yeah it's a good thing. I got busted last night for talking on the phone at 2am. Hard core, I know. I guess when I try to sneak late night phone calls, I shouldn't burst out into laughter. FAIL. Speaking of fails, I have this huge bruise on my knee. It's yucky, all black and blue. I banged it against my shower door while trying to catch myself after tripping on my rug. Fantastic was to end my day.
Until my next blog,
Kelsey.



No comments:

Post a Comment